The first thing we ever do when we travel to new places is to satisfy one of our pleasures in life: Eating! Most people love eating and consider it something very special. Even if we are in our own countries, today it is very common to find exotic restaurants, or restaurants from different parts of the world offering new flavors and dishes.
In Latin American countries, food is not only about giving energy to our body and feeding, but also, it is a very important moment to gather with the family and communicating, laughing, enjoying some time together. In some countries, the most important meal of the day is at midday, lunchtime; while in other countries, it is dinner. Now, pay attention because The Spanish Group not only offers Spanish Translation Services, but also delightful tips to enjoy life! Here is something from Central America you probably heard about …
- 2 halves of yellow onion and 1 minced white onion
- 1 cup of chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 green chiles
- 4 limes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 two halves of tomatillos
- 2 pounds of chicken breasts in pieces
- 1 batch of pickled red onion
- Salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 sliced avocado
- ½ cup of grated cheese
- 16 Corn Tortillas
Let´s get to the point!
- Toss the tomatillos, pepper, yellow onion, 1 tablespoon of oil and garlic
- Bake the mixture on a lined rimmed baking sheet turning it occasionally
- When they are ready, process the mixture, add cilantro, 2tablespoons of lime and salt
- Cook the chicken in a pan with oil and add them to the mixture
- In a bowl, mi the white onion and cilantro
- Serve the chicken with the mixture in warm tortillas. Add the pickled onion, cheese and chiles on them and enjoy!
Now that you have this recipe to make your mouth water, we can talk about why Hispanic recipes are delightful! In general, Latin American countries have a very exquisite cuisine and a variety of flavors throughout the different regions. Spices are always used for cooking and, although, spices are different in each country, they are the main ingredient to give the dish a unique flavor. In the Caribbean you can try dishes such as this one…
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 chopped onion
- 1/2 can of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of chopped garlic
- salt and pepper
- 2 chopped bell pepper (1 red and 1 green)
- a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Fry the chicken
- Stir in onions and peppers and sauté
- Once the vegetables are cooked, stir the garlic and milk.
- Add salt, pepper and pepper flakes
- Bake the mixture in the oven until the chicken is tender
Finally, let´s go to the South!
Peruvian Seviche… Delicious!
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1 lb. of fish fillet
- Juice of 3 lemons
- Juice of 3 limes
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 sliced onion
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
- 1 hot chopped pepper
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
What to do…Leave the cleaned fish in salt water for 10min
- Cut it into pieces
- Put the sliced onion on it
- Add the other ingredients and cover with the juices
- Leave it in the refrigerator for 4 hours
- That´s it!